Saturday, September 17, 2016

Ai Kijima Store on Etsy

I have been doing textile research and established a studio in Istanbul over the past two years. I have been collecting textiles from Turkey and Central Asia for my artwork, which has resulted in a new series of work. I am happy to say some of this work will be shown in three museum shows in the USA during 2016-2019.

I also have returned to making textile jewelry from some of the amazing textiles I have collected. Perviously I had a line of textile jewelry that was sold at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago Store made from vintage Japanese Kimono. Now I have collected traditional Turkish Kutunu stripes and Uzbek ikat and began a new series of wearable art. Every piece is hand made by me and is a one of a kind. I have recently opened an online store on Etsy which I invite you to visit should you like to see some of my most recent creations in textile jewelry. 








No comments:

Post a Comment